If you are wondering how to grow eyelashes, you are not alone. Plenty of women in the world have the same thoughts and often they turn to fashion gurus who advocate all sorts of concoctions that seldom work. Here we see some easy and practical home solutions as well as a few expensive ways to make your eyelashes thick and long.
Different methods to employ
Improving health of lash is achieved either by augmenting health of hair or the hair follicle. We may also improve the nutrition supplied. We classify how to grow eyelashes methods into the following categories.
Improve The Elasticity Of The Skin Of The Eyelids
- Avoid excess UV rays – use sunscreen: Excess ultraviolet rays will dry up the skin and subsequently, the hair. Use a sunshade for the head if you plan to spend a long time in the sun.
- Use moisturizers: Water is the essence of life and your hair thrives on moisture. Try out some moisturizers and pick the one that suits you best. It will give you a natural look.
- Conditioners: You get readymade conditioners from beauty shops. But you must avoid using them since they contain chemicals. Go in for natural conditioners like
- Growth supplements – lupinus albus seed extract, pathenol, silica, colloidal silver, glycerin, bimatoprost: Combination supplement that strengthens and makes lashes grow better. They help moisturize the eyelash, and keep them healthy in the follicles.
- Nutrition: Most important by far, many of us forget how important nutrition is to the health of hair.
- Brush eyelashes: Brushing eyelashes will untangle it and thus help the health of the lash.
- Massage: Gentle massage will improve the blood flow to the lash and help strengthen it. Make this a habit.
- Natural essential oils: Use natural oils whenever possible – while bathing, while relaxing before bed time and when you apply conditioners for your skin. This will help your skin become firm and the eyelash become healthy.
- Avoid pollutants: If you pass through places that are highly polluted such as roads with excess traffic or factories that spew out gases cover your head and face with a shawl. If possible, wear a full face helmet as this will help keep out most of the dust and dirt.
- Eat hair food: Protein helps prevent your hair from becoming dull and brittle. Diets low in proteins could contribute to hair loss. Dairy products, fish, egg and meat are rich in proteins as also are nuts and legumes. Iron helps keep the nutrition supply levels up. Lentils, spinach and broccoli have good amounts of this nutrient. Iron absorption is augmented by vitamin C. Strawberries, oranges, lime and sweet potatoes contain lots of this nutrient. Scalp lining cells require omega-3 fatty acids to keep the moisture levels up. Avocado, pumpkin seeds and walnuts contain enough of this. Zinc and vitamin A are also required to prevent flakiness of scalp and to produce sebum for the hair.
- Use oils and gels: Prominent among the health gels and oils are the following:
- Castor oil: Thickens and strengthens lashes while imparting additional shine to the hair.
- Coconut oil: By itself, coconut oil provides wonderful hair texture since it is rich in essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Olive oil: Renowned for making lashes thick, olive oil is rich in oleic acid and vitamin E. You need to apply it for a month or two to see results.
- Almond oil: Rich in antioxidants and vitamin E, almond oil is needed for the health of your hair and eyelashes.
- Provide adequate nourishment and keep healthy
- Massage for the eyelids: Before you go to bed at night, apply oil preferably coconut oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil or Vaseline on the rims of the eyes. Massage gently until you feel relaxed.
- Trim your lashes: Even if your eyelashes are short, trimming them will strengthen them. The nourishment now is used by a lesser amount of hair.
- Lemon peels: Lemon peel needs a good soaking in olive oil. Leave it for 4 days and then make it into a paste. Apply this on the eyelashes before going to bed.
- Calendula flower: Extract of the calendula flower mixed with cornflower applied regularly helps to make the lashes thick.
- Don’t pull: An important thing you need to understand is that pulling will make the lash thin. Avoid using this under any circumstance.
- Avoid dirt accumulation – remove makeup: This is useful for the simple reason that it helps improve the hygiene of your face. It restores the natural pH value and helps the eyelash thrive.
- Good all round diet: Diet – apple, guava, meat, fish, eggs, green vegetables, fruits; also drink plenty of water as this improves the circulation, sending more nourishment to the hair follicles and lashes and helps remove dirt from the body system.
- Get enough rest: When you rest, the nervous system becomes relaxed. This will help to strengthen them and in turn they make the lashes stronger.
- Grape juice with vitamin E: Supplement your favorite drink with vitamin E – it works wonders.
- Gram flour and sprouts: Use topical application with gram flour and paste of sprouts. It rejuvenates the entire face and eyelid region. This puts more vigor into the eyelash.
Lash accelerator: Lash serums have special reagents like ceramides, wheat proteins, arginine infused serum, hyaluronic acid, ginseng, biotin, green tea, witch hazel and horse chestnut that encourage the hair follicle into delivering optimum nourishment, strengthens hair so that the eye borders are now populated by lustrous growth.
Bottom Line on Best Methods
Now that you have the entire spectrum of methods that show how to grow eyelashes you should be fairly happy. Choose one method that suits you and see if the results are good. Remember to keep off the strong chemicals and lengthy applications that last for more than six or seven months.
While hair growth is gene-specific and depends a lot on the area where you are located, you can do many things to make your eyelashes healthy and good looking. Usually, once your lashes recover their health, they will stay that way.