One child in every thirteen in America suffers with louse infestation. However this problem has an easy answer. If we treat the hair using essential tea tree oil lice simply disappears. It works wonderfully for people suffering from scalp conditions as it chases parasites away overnight.
Growing struggle with Louse Infestation
Louse infestation occurs they feed on oils and nutrients present on the scalp. Louse along with its eggs, white colored tiny things fall to shoulder from hair. Because they have small size they spread fast. Since adults too easily obtain infestation, one must be careful.
Only a well nourished and fit scalp will give you healthy conditions for roots of hair to grow. For normal circumstances, using good oil and combing keeps them healthy. As mentioned parasite infestation comes naturally from other children. These insects have 3mm length. If left untreated, it will multiply profusely leading to more itchiness in the head.
Use home care treatment methods
When you use the oil the louse simply disappears overnight. Reason is the inherent collection of medical goodness present. Apart from this, it has absolutely no side effects. Here are its properties.
• Antiviral in that it suppresses growth of virus
• Antiseptic useful to kill germs
• Antibacterial properties make them good agents to kill bacteria
• Natural insecticide properties also come in useful
• Antifungal nature does not allow fungus to thrive
Oil has multiple benefits like making the scalp soothing and at the same time killing the louse and eggs. Continued use of oil will help your hair immensely. Irritation is removed through continued use.
Preparations that augment scalp well being
• Nutritious diet to provide hair/scalp nutrition
• Regular hair washing, brushing
• Tying up hair with ribbons will help you avoid split ends
• Take supplements like VitaminE and iron tonic
Health food for hair includes these:
Iron and protein help strengthen hair. Lean red meat, peanuts, almonds, eggs, low-fat cheese, avocados, wheat bran, beer, bananas, raisins, oats, dark green vegetables, sweet potatoes, oysters, omega-3 fatty acid containing food fatty fish, fruits, vegetable oils provide much need nourishment. Vitamin C, vegetable proteins, fiber, vitamin A, zinc, silica, biotin are very nutritious.
Essential oil shampoo with Teatree oil
One may make many hair preparations from Teatree oil. Some of them use essential oils while others use shampoo or conditioners. You can keep your hair free from worries using this.
- Teatree oil shampoo: Take two portions teatree oil and mix ten portions of eucalyptus oil. Mix with generous amounts of shampoo. Gently stir, store in container. The shampoo is ready.
- All weather mix: Take 3tbsp coconut oil, mix 2oz conditioner. Add oil. Stir well. Before you have bath, apply this. Rinse hair thoroughly.
- Split ends: Slightly unorthodox yet effective for quick action, this mixture must be prepared and used freshly each time. Take 8 drops oil add alcohol, say about 1½ ounces. Check the places on your scalp where redness is seen. Spray this mix and wash after 10 minutes.
- Mix using Olive oil: Olive oil is filled with nutritious elements like fatty acids that help replenish your scalp. Use the usual ratio of 2 tablespoons of essential oil to 3 drops of teatree oil. Wash and brush out dead lice.
- Mix having vinegar: Vinegar has the inherent property of keep the scalp moisturized. Apply vinegar by itself or with teatree oil and tie a towel around your head at night. Wash with warm water and brush.
- Spray or shampoo: One can have much variety with the preparations. The oil can be used in its raw form as a spray or use it along with shampoo. When preparing the mix for the shampoo, use eucalyptus essential oil to dilute the teatree oil. As a spray, use it on furniture, and all corners of the room. This will help prevent spread of lice.
- Lavender mix: Lavender oil has good medical properties. It is antiseptic, antimicrobial and has antispasmodic properties. Mix in the usual ratio with teatree oil and use before your bath.
There are no rigid rules for measure of ingredients you use in each mix. Just increase or decrease any ingredient which is working or not working – you will develop one that is well suited for you.
Take sure steps to tackle nit
Louse lays eggs known as nits. They are white and tiny and attach to root of hairs. They spread on contact. When you sleep, these nits will cover your pillow and bed spread. When someone else uses the same pillow or sheet, they will become infested with lice or nits.
Prevention proves best solution as was proved by one mother who used this oil since her childhood and never had any problems of louse infestation. In fact, many children in America go through life without ever knowing or encountering infestation in their hair. Moreover, these problems respond well to treatment.