There are 135 million people with vision problems wear contact lenses all over the world. And most of them don’t know how to take proper care of contact lenses. But, wearing contact lenses is also including risk, only proper selection and maintenance can help keep difficulties to a minimum.
Keep your eyes safe! Take time to care for your contact lenses. Here are some general tips for keeping your eyes healthy and comfortable while you wear contacts:
- Caring for contact lenses involves a combination of cleaning, disinfecting, soaking and wetting, rinsing and storing.
- Before handling contact lenses, wash your hands necessarily with soap and water, then clean and dry them with a lint-free towel.
- Contact lenses must be properly cleaned. For the cleaning of lens use only the lens cleaners and eye drops that your eye doctor suggests. Do not mix different brands of solutions for cleaning.
- Follow the directions that came with your lenses, lens cleaner, and eye drops.
- Clean your storage case, leave it open to dry after use each day, and change monthly. A filthy case is a main source of infection. Clean the storage case using a clean toothbrush on a regular basis.
- Others, Use eye makeup that is safe for contact lens users. And don’t use eyeliner on the inside of your lower eyelid.
- Always, take away lenses from your eyes when you swim or go into a hot tub.
- Every lens has its validity time, so dispose of your lenses at the interval prescribed by your doctor.
- Wear and replace contact lenses according to the plan prescribed by your eye care professional.
If you follow this simple steps then you must keep your eyes safe from any contact lens related infections or diseases.