The extensive effectiveness of grapefruit seed extract GSE is never seen in any other natural antibiotics. It helps eliminate over 100 fungus strains while dealing effectively with 800 or more different kinds of pathogens, both viral and bacterial.
- 1 Help body probiotic action
- 2 Multiple Utility of GSE
- 3 Positive Action
- 4 Negative Action
Help body probiotic action
Our body requires good bacteria but must get rid of bad bacteria. The natural remedies include organic substances like garlic, ginger, oregano oil, neem oil, ginseng, and grapefruit seed extract. These natural antibiotics have numerous benefits.GSE ranks high among the naturally occurring antimicrobials.
Multiple Utility of GSE
The grapefruit seed extract uses sees its use as an antiviral and antiseptic besides being antimicrobial. More importantly, the natural flora of the body is untouched while the immune system is boosted through alkalization. Thus, you have healthy intestines that aid metabolic activity.
You can treat yeast infections, fungal and viral infections and bacterial infections with this extract.
Skin toning with GSE
On the cosmetic side, grapefruit seed extract uses include its utility in toning skin.You can find people use it as a facial cleanser. Further, you can find GSE in many first-aid kits since it helps alleviate mild skin irritations. It helps treat diseases ranging from psoriasis to skin cancer. It helps reduce acne effectively. People with oily skin can use this to develop fresher look.
Another of grapefruit seed extract uses is in the form of a relaxant. Inhaling the vapors also helps you fight against lung infections. Another action of grape seed extract is to help retain body water. This action is initiated by inhaling vapors of GSE. People with asthma also find relief when they inhale vapors from a solution containing GSE.
Use as a rinse
You can use it as an oral rinse. Merely gargling a glass full of water containing a few drops of GSE will help you get rid of harmful pathogens in your mouth and airways. GSE is applied directly on the skin to treat allergies. People also use it as a vaginal douche.
GSE Use As An Antiseptic
One important use of this natural antibiotic is its use in fighting cholesterol. The hardening of arteries is reduced when you consume GSE.
Useful as a stress buster
GSE helps one to get relief from muscle fatigue. It helps dissipate stress build up. It enhances heart health. It comes in useful to treat headaches.
As a beauty aid
GSE promotes hair growth. Used as an additive to your normal shampoo, it helps get rid of dandruff.
Interaction of GSE with Drugs
Though the grapefruit seed extract benefits are many, one must remember that strong medical agents can interact with each other.
- Cisapride: This drug is used to treat Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. However, it has side effects. Grapefruit seed extract slows down the rate at which the drug is expelled from the body.
- Dextromethorphan: The body breaks down dextromethorphan but imbibing grapefruit juice could slow this process down. Alongside, there are chances that the side-effects of dextromethorphan could increase.
- Buspirone: This drug is a short-term treatment option for anxiety. Drinking grapefruit juice will affect the amount of buspirone that the body will absorb.
- Estrogens: Estrogens are disposed of after the body breaks them down. GSE will decrease this speed of this process giving rise to side effects. One of the side effects is breast cancer.
Lastly, it must also be remembered that too much of anything is harmful. So, take this natural remedy in moderation.
Wide Diversity of Grapefruit Seed Extract Uses
You can see it sitting on your morning breakfast tray, you can see tourists carrying a bottle to add to their water. The enchanting flavor ranks it as one of the best-loved additives to baked, concocted or cooked food items. The grapefruit seed extract benefits make it an indispensable item for the modern kitchen.